Sunday, April 13, 2008

L to the J...

Oh my goodness, can you say M.I.A? I swear I have sat down to write this past week, but something always comes up. I have so much to catch up on, but A LOT of you have been asking how LJ is doing...so here's a little Foster Care update for ya'll...

Life has finally settled down here. LJ is doing really, really well. He has his moments, but it is then that I need to remind myself that he is just two, and he is not out to get me. ;) In all honesty, he is a very good boy, and he is so beautiful. I am not sure if it is okay to post photographs of him or not. I am barring on the side it isn't the best idea, but I'll contemplate it some more and hopefully share in the next little while.

We know a little more about his case, unfortunately I can't share that information with anyone, or discuss with anyone except his caseworker (seems crazy and perhaps a little silly, but sometimes you just need to vent right?), but what I can tell you is that he more than likely won't be with us as long as we had originally been told. The funny thing about Foster Care I have found is that a lot of people have NO CLUE as to an answer to your question, as there is just SO much unknown in the Foster Care world. What I can tell you is, that he sees his mom and brother three times a week, and things seem to be going really well.

LJ has a really hard time on the days he sees mom. I can tell he is really confused and basically wonders, "Why the heck are you people taking me home with you again?!" He has a hard time adjusting on those days, and he doesn't like to nap or sleep on those days either.

We have fallen in love with him. That is really good for him, bad for us, because we know he isn't staying...we have been preparing ourselves to let him go soon. That thought isn't as hard to think about as it used to be.

I'll leave you with a funny story:

On Friday, I took LJ into the office to visit with mom. When I got into the waiting room, Mom was on the phone and Grandpa and Grandma were there. Grandpa tells LJ, "Go give Momma a hug." LJ runs over to me with wide open arms and I get the best hug ever. I am 100% sure he meant for LJ to give HIS mom a hug...and I know I am not his mom, but it was nice to have that little bit of a payoff.

9 comments:

ec said...

tears.

that story proves that you totally are who i think you are;)

keep it up.

Heather said...

You are too cute!! I love what a good nurturing mom you are!! I am so glad that LJ's grandparents were able to witness the hug, I am sure that helps them with the situation!!

I wish big things for you Kim!!! Hang in there!!

Amy said...

Yeah, I've heard you're not allowed to post pics of your foster kids online.

Really though, he's such a cute kid, and you are a cute momma!

The Ashlee said...

Wow Kim. Im not sure i could do what you are doing. I get to attached to little kids way to easy. Gosh when i got to teach the 4 year olds in primary i got super attached to them then they released i and cried so hard.

You impress me so much!! That little boy is so lucky to be apart of you loving home right now. He will become a better person for being in your care. Love ya!

Cassie said...

So sweet! Of course you're mommy to him right now, giving him just as much love as your own. How could he NOT think of you as another mom?! Way to go woman. You're giving him just what he needs right now.

Arianne said...

love how he came to YOU to give YOU a hug! how sweet is that! Too bad his mom didn't see that, or did she???? I am not surprised he loves you, who DOESN'T LOVE YOU?? You have so much love to share with EVERYONE you come in contact with!!!

moosh in indy. said...

He is an adorable little toad.
And you are doing an amazing job with him. And you're adorable too.
Loves.

Shan said...

That is so great that he has so much love from you and your family. I am not sure that I could love someone elses child the same way, especially when going through the things that you are. So, you are a very special person to take that and turn it into such a good situation. Good for you! You rock!

Lilli said...

He is SOOOO lucky to have you!