Monday, April 21, 2008

Going to miss...

These moments... The moments when I would catch all three of them like this. Playing, laughing, loving one another. These moments have been becoming more and more frequent. We find ourselves getting very teary at the thought of next week. Next week this little man could be gone.
And my heart that was so fearful of his arrival, is weeping at his departure. We love you little LJ. Thank you for touching our lives and our hearts with your presence.

It is amazing to me...the power of LOVE. The power of Adoption. The power of Foster Care. Heavenly Father designed the heart so perfectly. Something that is so easily broken, is so easily repaired by another's love, so easily grown and sewn back together to only burst to overflowing with more LOVE.

Love is a pretty cool thing.

13 comments:

AFRo said...

My hat is off to you. I'm not sure I could let go.

Leisha said...

Love them hanging out together. Love is an amazing thing.

The Lilly's said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they were very touching. I'm so glad that this sweet little boy was able to spend time with you and your family, I'm sure he'll be forever affected by it, even if he's too young to remember.

Shannon said...

What beautiful thoughts! You are an amazing woman!

Arianne said...

yes you are amazing, you can offer SO much love to anyone! I am sure he will miss you too.

I love the three of them playing so sweet. your kids are going to have a hard time saying goodbye too!!

ec said...

a most beautiful post, kim.

that picture of the three of them is to die for ... love it!

Leisha said...

Those who risk SO MUCH gain SO MUCH! I think Heavenly Father truly appreciates you for extending your heart and your family in love...and He will bless you! I know he will! XOXO

Christal said...

How beautiful the things we learn eh you will be so blessed!! You are an inspiration and an amazing person. Thanks for sharing its amazing what a little/lot of love does for a child

Carlotta said...

My life was blessed to meet him. He is such a sweet little boy. His laugh is so contagious. His life was blessed to be in your home. To feel the Spirit again to feel the love of His Savior again. To be close to what he left not too long ago again. Your home provided all of that for him. It will stay with him somewhere in his heart. As hard as it seemed at the time the timing was perfect for him to come to help heal your heart just as you helped to heal his. Luv you friend.

moosh in indy. said...

Wow, what a difference a few weeks make. Hope everything is healing and becoming new and hopeful there.
xoxo

Ponczoch Family said...

What a sweet picture. I'm sure he will always be grateful for the time he spent and the love that he felt in your home.

mrs. r said...

i totally have a crush on this kid! i could kiss on those cheekies ALL day long!!

Heather said...

You amaze me!! I want to be just like you!! Keep it up girl, you are the best!! Lots of luv!!