Thursday, July 3, 2008

These make me happy...

Remember that yard sale we had?
Well, I finally found the camera that we had to borrow to take photos of the event...because THREE photographers didn't bring their awesome digital SLR's. C'mon...we had good reason, right?! Right?!
The three girls stayed up until 1 a.m. getting stuff for the yard sale complete. I don't think any of us really slept. We met at 5 a.m. to put the stuff out. By 7 a.m. we had everything put out and our first customers started coming. It was rock out until 1:00 p.m. It was a beautiful day...it was hott, but fun. We were able to meet so many people connected to adoption. I think we all walked away with about $400 each. It was well worth it for the exposure and the opportunity to teach others about adoption.
Ron and Jessica came and got in on the action by selling drinks and treats. Buy one get one free!

We are dorks...but you already knew that!

At least we are cute dorks!

Ron and Jessica in matching T's. Love it.

We labeled EVERYTHING wth our adoption blogs.

Mr. R. in his adoption best.
Mounds and mounds of good stuff.
Mrs. R.
The Ladies. Leisha, Me, and Mrs. R.
Family Room anyone?

Our adoption pass along cards, and profiles.
Toys and more toys.
"The Man Table" Way to go Mrs. R. for creative selling. You should be in marketing.
All stuff Baby.
And and ENTIRE scrapbook table!

It was such a fun event. It was great to spend the day with our friends from adoption. Guess what? We had so much stuff we are going to do another one. Stay tuned.

Thank you to everyone who reads this blog who attended. It was a success because of you too!

10 comments:

Samantha said...

That's awesome! Good for you guys!

P.S. Kimmie, you look fantastic!

Tim and Ashlee said...

Such a good idea! Wish I lived a "bit" closer so that I could've stopped by.

dust and kam said...

I am glad it all went well! You guys are awesome! I wish I could have been there, but I am so planning on the next one! :)

Christal said...

looks like it was awesome way to go girls!!! Wish I lived closer . Love the picts you guys are so cute!!! ttys

Michelle said...

I'm really impressed! You're so organized and it looks like lots of fun. I especially love the matching red aprons!!! True hard workers!

mommyoffour said...

First of all, you are not dorks! you are one of the cutest couples ever! ;)

I was planning on coming to see you and woke up with two sick little girls. I was so bummed! It looks like it went well and sounds like all the hard work paid off!

moosh in indy. said...

Sweeet. Now if you could all be contacted by a woman who is actually pregnant. Gah.

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

I think this is such a great idea...keep me posted...I want to donate some stuff to the next one! =)

Holly Reed said...

killer yard sale! now I am twice as sad I couldn't come.

Amy said...

Wow! 400 each? Awesome!

And keep me updated on yard sale #2!