Thursday, July 17, 2008

In San Francisco

This city is AMAZING. I wish I had access to uploading photos from my camera. Alas, I didn't come as a true "BlogHer" prepared with all that jazz. I am excited to meet new people tomorrow and learn some good things.

It has been SUPER fun to see Casey again. I missed her personality, and I am amazed at her whit and charm, and how many people love her. She is truly in her element. It makes my heart smile.

Coming to San Francisco is a dream come true. Places I have only dreamed about going to in my life are coming to fruition. It is truly breathtaking to travel somewhere you have only seen on postcards or on television and movies. To be here, to feel the breeze, smell the smells, taste the food. Today I saw The Golden Gate Bridge. I rode the Subway. I got stuck on public transit with Moosh in Indy. It was a fun day, and I am happy.

9 comments:

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

I got lucky, and married a man from the bay area. LoVe It!! I love all the weirdo's and freaks...I either feel like I fit in or maybe it makes me feel a bit more "normal". =) Either way...It's a GREAT place! I'm jealous that you are there, and I am here. Have fun, and don't forget to pay some of those street performers for me. =)

The Lilly's said...

Being a Bay Area gal myself, reading this post made me feel homesick! Have some sourdough bread for me. Enjoy your weekend!

dust and kam said...

How exciting! Have fun!

Arianne said...

I love san fran, and of course my sis only lives about 45 min away from there.

I am glad you are having a great time!! can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get home!!

Anna said...

San Francisco is pretty amazing,If you get a chance, take a tour at Alcatraz Island. It's pretty cool,next time I'm in California I'm for sure doing that again.Also Museum of modern Art is awesome.For trendy, beautiful clothes you have to go shopping at Ashbury Heights a hippie neighborhood that is interesting. Last time I was there we did that and we also ate at the Fog House in fishermans warf, it was pretty cool, looked over the bay and the sea lions, it's touristy but it was still fun and they validate for parking which is nice.
I can go on and on. San Fransisco is pretty much awesome, there is so much to do. Have fun Kim, lots of it. :)

Tim and Ashlee said...

Enjoy! You deserve it!

Holly said...

Don't forget China Town! You can get your kids some crazy toys! I love SF!

mommyoffour said...

I am so glad that you are having such a great time, I can't wait to see pictures!

The way you described is all makes me so excited for my NY trip in a few weeks. The sights, the sounds, the smells, the taste of food. Oh how I love vacations!

Michelle said...

LOVE the photo of you and Grover! I'm so glad you got away for a bit. You SO deserve it!