Friday, January 6, 2012

Our Little Helper

The beginning of the year is always one of my favorite times of the year. Photography slows down, my new job slows down, the etsy shop slows down. Not that I enjoy that everything slows down, but I feel like I have time to breath and refocus my energy into my family. One of my favorite things to immerse myself in, is prepping our personal family photos throughout the year, to go into our family yearbook.

This year is no different. I love going through the archives and seeing the chubby little baby faces staring back at me. I can't believe how much each of my children have grown in the past year. Especially Camilla.

She is so full of life and attitude. I have never met anyone like her. The word that describes her best is "Diva". She is sweet and sour, but more sweet most of the time, but oooooo if you cross her you better watch out. One of my favorite qualities about this little girl however, is her desire to help. Just this morning she demanded to help her dad put a big heavy item out in the garage. She had to help hold the item all the way out. She loves to help clean, and fold laundry as seen below. One of her favorite things to do is to put the laundry away after it is folded. She holds out her little arms at 90 degree angles and waits for you to pile on the clothing, then runs into her room to put them away nicely in her drawers.

My heart melted when I came across these photos from a year ago. Here she is, only a wee little 18 month old, helping me with the laundry.






So thankful for her little helper attitude and for all of her other attitude. There is never a day that goes by that I don't laugh or cry because of how much love fills my heart and soul because of her. It took so much to get her here, her spirit was fighting for so long to get to our family, I felt it for so long that when she finally came, I recognized her as none other than the baby I too had been fighting for. I love you sweet Milla.

To my dear friend who is struggling today with a very similar situation we had on our journey to get our little Camilla, I want you to know that I love you Lindsey. It isn't fair that another person's choices can affect our lives in such a deeply painful way. However, I know your Hope is fighting to come to you. Somehow, some way she will come, and she will be just as big a diva as my little Camilla. I can't wait for that day and I hope and pray it comes soon.

3 comments:

moosh in indy. said...

I've been finding treasured photos of Addie as a tiny thing lately. I wish I could go back and squeeze her more.

I also wish I could squeeze you and Linds.

Oh how I wish I could squeeze you all.

Emily said...

That Camilla is the cutest diva I've ever seen. I love the shots of her bedhead hair. Best ever!

Do you hire her out? I could use some help with laundry.

Sarah said...

Such a sweet post, and a sweet girl. She is a gift. She is lucky to have such a loving Momma. xoxo