Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Well...

Now that I have been officially brought to tears for the second day in a row, and sadly half of the people who read this blog have already read "the" post...I know a lot of you have, proof is in the countless phone calls and e-mails I have received in the past hour.

I was hoping to announce to everyone sometime next week after I had my next appointment, (I had a really fun way of telling you all) but now is as good a time as any... yes it is true.

To answer all of your questions I am delightful to say that I am 16 weeks pregnant. Two weeks ago (about the same time I was going to tell the world) I began to have some complications, and worrying that things might not be top notch, wanted to wait two more weeks until my appointment.

So, as of right now, everything is okay.

Yes, our caseworker with LDSFS knows, we no longer have our paperwork into adopt.

As long as everything goes well, this will be our last baby.

I just want to share a bit of the sacred experience that I feel brought us to this time. It is our experience, I don't expect anyone to understand or to feel what I know in my heart. We have worked SO hard the past two years to welcome another child into our home. We put our paperwork in for an adoption, we went through all of the classes and paperwork to become Foster Parents. I feel like we have done all that we can do. In December I had a very good appointment with my doctor, who told me at that time, "Go home, I think you're ovulating!" And three days later, as we sat in the bishop's office during tithing settlement, he asked if he could leave a blessing on our family. He said THE most wonderful prayer. I felt the spirit so strong, I do not doubt that this was the day our little baby held onto life...and a few short weeks later we were blessed with the news that we were expecting a baby.

So now you know.

I just want to take the time to personally thank each and every one of you for your help and support on this journey. Especially the r house who tirelessly has handed out our passalong cards. Along with countless others who helped us on our journey the past year. I had no clue that a month after we sent out our Christmas letter that we would find out we were expecting. I often wonder about Heavenly Father's plan for me. It would have been so much easier to not have gone through what we have endured. I just want to make it clear that you don't get pregnant the second you put in your adoption paperwork. That is just silly and an uneducated thing to say. I only wish that were true, not only for us but for the hundreds of eager couples waiting to adopt a baby. It was not an easy decision not to tell our friends and family right away. With my other pregnancies it was never a big deal, everyone knew the second we did. We just barely told our own parents that we were expecting. For some reason this time around we just felt we needed to wait, and when the timing was right we knew. I felt that again two weeks ago as we were about to share our happy news, but again the time wasn't right. Thank you for all of your prayers, warm thoughts, and well wishes on our behalf.

There is a purpose to everything. I have been brought into lives that I needed to touch, and been brought into lives that needed to touch me. I am so thankful to be a member of FSA, and hope to continue to serve and help teach the world about adoption. Look at my linky list, I have a whole bunch of friends over to the left who need your help. Please don't forget them!

Much love!

35 comments:

Lace said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for this new little Orlandini!!! I also must take some credit here for encouraging you to see your doctor which turned out to be the visit that he told you you were ovulating! Maybe you should name him or her after me! Maybe not a boy named Lacie would be worse than a boy named Sue! I am so happy for you! This is happy news!

Amy said...

yay yay yay! I'm so thrilled for you. And I loved your testimony how this has strengthened your testimony is so many ways. Beautiful, Mrs O.

I'm so happy. :)

Amy and Josh said...

Awesome Kim! I am so happy for you!! I pray all will go well for you and your little growing baby. . . many hugs and congrats!!

Heather said...

Kim!! I wish I could give you a great big hug right now!! Congratulations!! I am so glad to hear this great news. I have been so worried about you with all those headaches and stuff!! I am so glad that you and little baby are doing well!! Many hugs and prayers to you!! Congratulations!!

mrs. r said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FABULOUS NEWS! no wonder you have looked hotter and hotter every time i see you!

what an incredible miracle!!! i am so, so, so very thrilled for you. i have no words.

i'm calling you! i can't wait until our lesson this thursday (i hope!)!

MUCH, MUCH, MUCH love ...and i will still keep passing out your cards. the photography and subject matter is just too hot not to! :)

mrs. r said...

...okay, maybe i am not calling you since it seems that i do not have your right number (fax machine noises). but i am SOOOO thrilled for you. really. really. really. so thrilled. really.

Cassie said...

You are one good little secret keeper Miss Kim. I love you and you KNOW how thrilled I am for your family. Lots of love and hugs and kisses from my house to yours.

Liz said...

Congratulations Kim! We are so excited for you, sorry you haven't had a way to contact us. We haven't changed email, but who knows. Anyways, congratulations, thank you for all your help/work with adoption.

Lilli said...

Inspiring testimony and thoughts! And huge congratulations!

Arianne said...

I think I am the last one to read your news! CONGRATS!! you suck but congrats!! :) NO I really am REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! that is awesome news! I needed some good news today!!!! I love you lots!!!

Wendy said...

Kim that is fabulous! I am pretty sure I told you but babies always find their way to their families! I am so thrilled for you and your family!

blair said...

OH man, when I read Cassies blog i was like Kim...? no way! BUT THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! YAY!! Go kim, you're already an excellent mom, so theres no doubting you won't continue to be.

Fostervision said...

Yea! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you and your family! on a completely selfish note...we'd better have you take our family pictures soon, before you take a nice long maternity leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim and Ashlee said...

Wohoo! I'm sooooooo happy for you! This is the best news I've heard in ages. Oh wow, our little ones will be born around the same time.

That's such an awesome story about tithing settlement and your bishop. It happened the EXACT same way with us with our bishop at tithing settlement the beginning of December. Too cool eh?

ec said...

wahooo!!!

i totally knew it. yes, i read THE post.

congrats girl.

Crystalyn said...

congrats kim!!! that is such great news! and so close to the halfway mark. wow! happy for you.

Michelle said...

Wow, Kim! I'm SO happy for you. I had no idea except that I was in search of a birth mother for you. I think this is wonderful and I think you did the right thing. You know that I empathize w/ you in a strange and slight way with this subject. It is funny to watch how Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways, isn't it? And how he does answer prayers but just not on our timeline or according to our agenda. You are amazing. Best of luck to you. Thanks for sharing such personal things. We love you!

Ariane e Roger said...

Hi Kim - congratulations on the new baby! Wow, so much joy! Did I ever tell you that I'm pregnant as well? Five months into it! Hope you are doing great and may this new baby bring even more happiness to your beautiful family! Ariane

Ron and Jessica said...

That is SOOOO exciting!!! You are amazing to me. Ron and I are both truly happy for you and for this miracle! - Jess

Amanda said...

So I think that now I am the last to hear. JK I am so excited for you and excited that you have made it through the "scary" time. I pray that things continue to go well and that you will have a very happy healthy baby....you deserve it!!!

Ponczoch Family said...

Congrats! I know that it's hard announcing a pregnancy soon after announcing that you're planning on adopting, but you're amazing. And the end result is the same- you will have another beautiful baby in your family! And good job at the secret-keeping... you rock.

mrs. r said...

i just read "the" post and was so infuriated!

i got totally defensive.

a. that you were robbed of telling people the way that you dreamed of.

b. that you were robbed the joy of having a good friend be genuinely excited for you.

Olivia Singleton said...

Oh dear! I feel like I had a small part to play in the whole untimely revealing of your pregnancy. When Casey said that her best friend in the whole world was pregnant, I knew that was you, but I had to confirm by using your actual name. I'm sorry!

Samantha said...

Please add my congratulations to the long list above. That is just amazing! I can only imagine the flood of emotions that you are feeling now - gratitude, joy, humility. It's so hard to tell someone that you love that you are going to be having the one thing that they want more than anything in the world. I've never been through the heart-wrenching trials that you have to get your family here, but I know what it's like to have to tell someone that you're pregnant when they want so desperately to be. I know that almost guilty feeling at being overjoyed, but sad because they don't have it too. I'm sure it's been hard. Joyous & painful at the same time. Isn't it funny how life works. All I can say, is bask in the new light that has come into your world. No one deserves it more than you.

Christal said...

Oh kim I'm so happy for you !! That is awesome I pray that all continues to be good!! SO exciting!! It is a silly thing to say you get pregnant as soon as you put your papers in people always so that to us well 11 years later adn 3 adoptions later never been prego!!! Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us and what we learn from it is what counts most I think!!!
You are awesome I'm so excited for your whole family!!!

The Gag-nears said...

I am crying now that I read your post about this - i am a little slow on reading it and I apologize but wow - congratulations I knew there was something special about to happen for you guys! I totally felt the spirit while reading your story. I am so happy for you. Please say you are coming to the GNO next week so I can congratulate you in person! Wow! What good news, that makes my day! Love you tonz!!!

mommyoffour said...

HOOOORRRAY for you!! I am so excited to hear this news! You truly deserve this blessing in your life. You are an amazing girl with an amazing hubby and amazing little kids. This baby is truly blessed to be joining your family. I will be emailing you soon! Lots of love and prayers from all of us!

me said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! So happy for you and your family!!! What WONDERFUL news!!!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!! The Lord has blessed you and you are truly deserving.

Amy said...

OH KIM!!! That's the best news I've heard all week. I am so happy for you...seriously! You feeling okay? Love ya!!!

Lindy said...

was going to post this over at indy but...
if you're looking for cute boots that will fit around your 'muscular' calves then check out duoboots.com I don't know if they ship to the US. I just picked up a really cute pair of boots and they're not any more expensive than the ones you pick up at the shops. Sorry for delurking in this way. Been reading you for a while- found you through indy. I'm not a weirdo... well maybe I am but not a bad scary weirdo!! Congrats.

sam {temptingmama} said...

I came to visit through Casey's blog. I just wanted to say congratulations and best wishes for a happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy!!

veekids said...

Well it's about time. We are soo happy for you guys. We hope all is well with you and the baby. That makes another set of babies born around the same time. Man I must have bad luck or just BAD timeing.

WE LOVE YA.
Ashlee and family

Carrie said...

Oh Kim! I am so happy for you and your little family! Wow! I don't even know what to say except that your experience has truly touched my heart and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am SO there if you need me to clean or watch your kiddos! It's my turn to be of service! Give me a call ANYTIME! Here's my email- mommycott2lc(at)yahoo dot com. Please don't hesitate to call me for anything!

LOVE YOU, YOU DARLING WOMAN YOU!

Brenley said...

I am way late on telling you congrats, sorry! (I have turned into a really by commenter of blogs).

I am so excited for you! What an incredible blessing, as is every child no matter how they come to any of us! I can't believe that you were able to keep it a secret that long and now I am glad that we all get to celebrate with you!