Friday, March 21, 2008

Out of my mind...

We got a call yesterday afternoon from our Family Resource Consultant with the state. She is the one in charge of choosing children who will be placed in our home with Foster Care.

We are getting a placement this weekend. A little boy, two years old. I'll call him LJ. We are going to meet him tonight. (Not something that usually happens, but because he is so little they like to 'transition'.)

I will be MIA for a little while. I have had a few of my friends call today and it has just been one thing after another. I am so close to tears, because, well, I am afraid out of my mind. I'm going to devote the next two weeks to the children in my home. And help this little boy transition into how we run things, I hope he is happy here. I want him to feel all the love we are welcoming him with.

Can I do this? Am I capable? Am I even a good enough mother to give him all the love he will need? I know I can do this, but I am afraid. :( I wish I were stronger and wouldn't have to admit that I am fearful.

10 comments:

Arianne said...

if anyone can do it it is YOU! you are an amazing woman!!!

Cassie said...

He is one lucky little guy to be able to spend some time in your home. Best of the best luck to you. I know can do it woman! Love you!

Shannon said...

WOW! That is big news! This is AWESOME! You CAN do it girl! Be strong! You are TOTALLY capable!

Christal said...

good luck that is so awesome you can do it your amazing and that little boy is so so lucky!! Your in my prayers. You are more then capable!!

Leisha said...

Kim, you are amazing lady and he will be blessed to be in your home for whatever amount of time he needs to be. You will touch his life, even at his small age, in ways you could never image and he will touch yours. You are awesome. Love ya lady. Let me know if you need anything.

ec said...

you are in my prayers.

you will do great.

Carrie said...

You'll do GREAT!!!

Your family is in my prayers! Hugs!

Carlotta said...

Admitting that you are fearful shows strength as far as I am concerned. If you walked around saying everything was ok is when I personaly would be concerned. Your heart is so big and the Spirit that is in your home will envelope LJ. He will be blessed to feel the spirit in his life and to have the influence for the time being. He will LOVE being loved.In the real sense. Little Emm and Joth with help him and be great with him. What a blessing you are to open your home to help Heavenly Fathers precious children.

Women you seriously ROCK! Take care and rely on those around you for strength when you need it. I bet he is just adorable.

Amy said...

That is so cool! He is so lucky to be with such a wonderful family. I just know you'll do great. If you need any help, I'm about two minutes away. :)

xoxo
Amy

moosh in indy. said...

You'll do amazing, just remember the Lord will never hand you something that He knows you can't handle.
And I'm pretty sure the thinks the world of you, as do I.