Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday

I had little LJ for five hours today.

HE was REALLY good, it is the dealing with my little two year old and him combined that had me thrown. Joth was SUCH a good boy today, he helped me so much. He was really concerned when we took him back to the shelter home. I assured him that indeed LJ was coming back in the morning. The shelter family wanted me to take him home today, I would have done it except we don't have a bed for him yet. We have a crib, but since we heard he would do better in a bed, we don't have that set up and we are preparing for him to share a room with Joth. I am sure these feelings are normal.

To be honest, I think I am losing it a little. This is a really good place for me to come and let go of some of my frustrations/insecurities/anxiety.

Flavio was gone all day, I think that was a good thing in one aspect, it lets me know I CAN do it...even though it is going to suck bad for about two weeks while we adjust. It wasn't easy without him. In fact he is REALLY late getting home and we still have a mountain of things we need to get done.

I have to just hermit myself, not go anywhere that is not absolutely necessary. If any of you out there want to get a hold of me, e-mail is going to be the best way for the next few weeks as I am trying to limit calls to family, caseworker, and clients. I just don't want anyone to feel offended, it is just one thing I have to let go to keep my sanity.

Well, I am off to Wal-mart for the last of the necessities and then to the furniture store to pick up the beds, then I am sure I will be up until one putting it all together. Tomorrow I'll try to post some photos of all the kids in their Easter best.

Have a happy day everyone, it is one of my favorite holidays!

9 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds awesome! I'm glad things went so well! Can't wait to meet him!

Ponczoch Family said...

Kim, you are amazing, opening up your loving home like this to a little child who has not had this kind of luck/blessing in the past. The world is a better place because of you.

Amy and Josh said...

Glad things are moving along, I am double amazed you are doing this while you are pregnant-what an amazing lady you are Kim. love ya

Sarah said...

Kim,

First, I want to thank you for putting our names on your "hoping to adopt" section. That is SO thoughtful of you and it means a lot that you would do that for us. Thank you.

Secondly, I've been following your life events over the past week or so and I've been so touched by the way you have expressed your thoughts and emotions. It's inspiring to see how the Lord's hand is watching over your family.

I hope it's o.k. that I add you as one of my links. (I finally started a blog.) :)

mommyoffour said...

I am so happy for you and am so grateful for your example. I know you will love this little boy with all your heart and he will be comforted and feel the spirit through your little family. You are all amazing and I know he will be blessed and so will you. You are in my prayers, thanks for being you!

Arianne said...

good luck with your new life adventure. I know you will be able to do it. if you want to do a play date let me know! we will be right there! I have told you a million times that you are an amazing woman and I KNOW this little boy is in the best place right now with your AMAZING family!!

moosh in indy. said...

I'm praying my guts out for you and am in awe of your dedication to taking care of all these little spirits.
You never cease to amaze me.

Ron and Jessica said...

I really must be thinking about you a lot...you popped up in one of my dreams. You were painting something. I don't even know if you paint. Anyway, let us know if we can help in any possible way. Seriously.

Holly said...

Hey this explains a lot about why I haven't heard from you. I totally understand. We really need to get our license done so we can - at the very least - offer you some respite here and there! You are one brave chica.