Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Film is Not Dead Workshop Day 1

I'm not even sure what to say about these. Day one of the workshop involved shooting a few engagement sessions. Anyway, Leo and Kati are hawt.

Over the past week I realized that I have never, NEVER, never, NEVER, NEVER shot color film before. Of course I have, but never with an SLR. It has always been black and white for me, printing in the darkroom, watching the images come to life after development. One thing about shooting everything I did in Hawaii on film, was the wait. It killed me waiting five days for my film, then I went to pick it up today and only half of it was done. Plus it cost me a fortune. I just had to add that. I love the look of film, but I am not sure yet of it's practicality in my life...

Anyway, I had never used this particular camera before, and never having done a C-41 process film, I am pretty delighted with what I came up with. I am no JC...but dang...wow. For a first attempt:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

14 comments:

Carlykins said...

These are seriously SIZZLIN!!!! Freak women! Da Bawm is not enough to say. You need to send that first one to Huntington Beach for one of their ads! HAWT!

ec said...

kim.

these are hot.

ec said...

and how are these soo BIG?

arianne said...

I LOVE these pictures! again I am in AWE!!

Rebecca Tyler said...

LOVE 1 and 7!! Niiice!

Cassie said...

May I say that I believe these should be in some hot, swanky mag? I'm think a little A&F without the smut. Love. Them.

Leisha said...

These turned out fabulous and they are definitely an easy couple to phtograph!

allison said...

Kim these are beautiful!

these make me so excited to get my film back!!!

mommyoffour said...

Love them all, absolutely beautiful! I want to go to hawaii, so jealous!

Cody Buell said...

These are awesome! I really like the one with Leo shooting Kati.

moosh in indy. said...

HO-LEE COW.
You have a gift.
I'm in awe.

amy m said...

thank you so much for your comment today on my blog, it meant a lot.

It's cool that you're shooting with film. I agree it's torture to wait for them to get developed, but it gives such a cool quality to the image it's worth the wait. Love these photos, especially 1&3.

Robbie and his Parental Units said...

Those are great! I need to get mine up - but I did not get nearly as many great ones with those two. I love your stuff.

Nicole said...

i love love love number three!