Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Carry On

Isn't this Keep Calm and Carry On necklace beautiful?
It is one of my favorites from The R House Couture, our etsy shop.


I have been 'spring cleaning' today.
As I mentioned a week or so ago, we are moving. Luckily and thankfully our house is now under contract.
YAY!

But, with it comes the preparation for moving.
That, I could do without.
I am taking one closet, one drawer a week, and going through it deeply and thoroughly to de-junk (I am not a junk keeper anyway, so I mean BUSINESS)
and to grab things for a yard sale/thrift stores.

I also spent the good portion of Sunday sewing a quilt for Millz.
It was a gift when she was born, and yes, I just finally got around to sewing it.

During all of these adventures this weekend, I came across my blessing dress.
I pulled it out, and took pictures of Millz wearing it.
(yes it fit her, but barely.)

With the dress was a bonnet and a blanket, crocheted by my great-grandmother.
I wish I remembered the story, I do not, but I do know that my mother had no girls at the time it was given, but was given in a 'hope' that she would have a girl one day to put the bonnet on, because my grandma knew she was dying, and wouldn't be able to make one for her future
granddaughter.

Me.

I felt so special this morning.
So thankful that life moves forward.
Thankful that we 'Carry On' no matter what.

As I caressed the stitches I could feel her love for me, like a hug.
Thankful for eternal families, and the glorious reunion I will get to have with this woman I never got to meet, but also with my grandpa, with all those who have gone before, and with
my baby.
Oh I cannot wait to hold my baby.

God is real.
He is powerful.
If he can love me, I know he loves you.
Let's all carry on, and be a little better today.
I know I want to be.

5 comments:

kenna said...

loved this, kimmie.

and i'm wearing that necklace right now.

Barb @ getupandplay said...

What a sweet post. My heart is tender for you, because I like you and because you are so wonderful.

Holly Reed said...

Hugs.

mandee said...

Beautifully said!

LoveYaMissYa said...

How sweet! So happy your house is under contract! I'm glad it didn't take forever. We are hoping to make a trip over Thanksgiving. Once it's planned we need to make plans to get together! I miss you guys!