Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bad Boyz


My husband, who also happens to be a real estate consultant would probably not exactly approve of the following story (it may or may not drive down the value of our home in an already dwindling market).

So, I tell this story hypothetically speaking of course...because it is just too funny not to tell.

The scene: My birthday. It was last Friday. I turned 27. Ah bliss. It was a great day, a story I shall share at a later date.

Hubbs had so sweetly stayed home from work so that he and I could do some cuddling on our couch...and other places that night. I was super excited. We were downstairs watching some show or another when, at some OBSCENE hour of the night, it was close to eleven...we hear the doorbell ring. What the H? We both look at each other with raised brows. Hubbs, who was half dressed ran to our room to get some clothes on and answered the door. It was our neighbor.
He was ringing to inform us of the drug bust currently happening OUTSIDE OUR FRONT DOOR. Literally.

The story: Apparently the COPS were chasing this guy down the busy street adjacent to our home, a very speedy chase I might add, when Bozo the driver decided to turn down our street to try to lose the police in the neighborhood. Tee hee...guess what? We live on a freaking DEAD END. "Private Lane" as I like to refer to it. The idiot drove through our neighbor's sideyard fence and landed the front end of his car in another neighbor's backyard. The guy gets out of his car LEAVING HIS GIRLFRIEND...and makes a run for it. I am not sure if the cops responding had one too many donuts or what, but he got away, leaving his girlfriend to be handcuffed and put in the back of the car. Nice.

It is nice to know I have two awesome neighbors, one who ran after the dood with a bat, the other with a piece of wood. They didn't catch him either.

Good times I tell you. Good, good times.

14 comments:

The Ashlee said...

Haha sounds interesting! People are nuts

Heather said...

ICK!! Sounds kinda scary!! I am glad that you live with some tough neighbors that will chase after a crazy drug guy!! Seriously, getting visions of The Frankenstien Movie, where all the townspeople come with thier pick axes and shovels. . .or baseball bats and random pieces of wood!! :)

Holly said...

That's pretty funny. Your neighbors sound hardcore! I wouldn't want to try smashing their pumpkins on Halloween ;-)
My parents lived in SoCal before I was born and once had a big time drug bust in their house. Helicopters, cops kicking open doors, the works. Turned out they were one street over from the REAL drug house. Woops.

Cassie said...

It was your birthday?!?! I'm a crappy friend. Happy belated birthday deary. Hope it was wonderful and that 27 has some glorious things in store for you. Hugs!

marci helen said...

happy late birthday!! sounds like it will be a memorable one! i love that you call your street a private lane...makes me smile!

Amy said...

Haha, I totally missed that! How funny.

Ron and Jessica said...

Nice! As you may have guessed - I love the picture too!

Olivia Singleton said...

We should work on finding me a husband who is half dressed and wants to do some "cuddling" on the couch... and other places. It sounds like you are a very lucky lady!

Amber Ro said...

Tee hee hee. What an exciting and adventurous b-day.
Baseball bat, huh? Maybe I should get me one of those. I hadn't thought of it as a weapon :)

Amanda said...

You gotta love WV! J/K it happens everywhere! I think they just report the stuff that goes on here.

moosh in indy. said...

I. FORGOT. YOUR. BIRTHDAY. AGAIN.
fire me.

Kim . . . wyomingmade said...

Happy Late Birthday, glad you had some fun.

Doode, don't you know once of my all time loves is COPS (you know the show), sure watching the drunks in the wife beaters try and explain why they were hiding the dope is funny, but even funnier is the cops them selves and all the props they give themselves. I love it when they are chasing the guy they find the guy and are breathing harder then the criminal. Oh, for the love!! Thanks for sharing the good story!!

me said...

HA HA HA! LOVE neighbours who'll chase bad guys with a bat. That's AWESOME!!!!

mommyoffour said...

Sounds like you had an awesome and exciting birthday! Glad you had some time with your hubby!