Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today.

****People...you have one more day to BID...so please do. Fun will be had by all. (Let's see some bigger numbers today. I'll close the auction out at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time Friday, September 5, 2008.)****

Onto other things. Today was September 4. Photobucket
Today was suppose to be my due date for little Peanut. In honor of this day I ate exactly that...almost an entire bag of Peanut Butter m&m's. My hips, butt and thighs will NOT thank me later. In honor of this day, Aunt Flo decided to wake me up at some obscene hour of the morning to let me know her flight had arrived. Hate her. She is not welcome.

Photobucket

I stained our little deck. Someone had to. I decided today it should be me. My kids were angels while I did it. I seriously have the best kids on the planet. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about how lucky I am to have them. (Go kids!) Staining the deck was very theraputic. I was lost in my thoughts for a few hours, enjoying the last of the summer sun. Thinking about the past six months and how I can make the next six the best ever.
Photobucket
I was brought to contemplate on how thankful and blessed I am to have my health, my home, my sweet husband and my J-Dawg and my Memms.

Even though today was hard, and deep down I would be lying if I said I didn't wish it were different, part of me is thankful that it wasn't. That part of me is thankful for all that I have learned so that I can continue to learn and to grow and to rely upon my Father in Heaven.

13 comments:

dust and kam said...

I HAVE to meet your kids someday! I already know they will be amazing. I love the pictures, as usual. Amazing.

I am sorry about your hard day. :( Arianne was joking earlier that our theme song for this month is the Green Day song about "wake me up when September's done" or however it goes. I am totally all for that. Ha ha. And it's only the 4th. :) Hopefully it will only get better from here.

I hope you have the best 6 months ever. You totally deserve it.

I love you muchly. I hope tomorrow is a good day for you.

Miss Myra said...

go fight win girlfriend!!! I love ya, we are the best! we just need everyone and everything else to figure that out also.

Wendy said...

Ah Kim - I hate days like today! I have been thinking about you so much this week (it doesn't help that I have driven past your house literally 10 times and every time I think, I should stop, then I think, what am I going to say? "Uh, hi, I was just in the neighborhood." Which is true but you are always so busy). Maybe one of these days I'll stop by with a pint of ice cream and we can sit on your newly stained deck and eat ice cream and watch your sweet kiddos play with my little trouble maker and remember that there is good in the world.

I am always amazed that even though you have had more than your share (and about 5 other people's) troubles you can still see the good in the world.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it this month will be over.

The Ashlee said...

Even though i'm sure it was hard, sounds like you had a good day to think about stuff. Love those days. Your kids are super cute and just getting cuter!! can i tell you how happy i am that you have an auction for the neilson family. I heard about them and read her blog and her sisters and i am in love with them. There are a couple of posts that made me just bawl. She is such an amazing person and an amazing example of what a daughter of god can and should be. The love that she has for her husband is amazing!! So thanks for doing something, i have been trying to think of something but i dont have extra money and not much talent. Have a good day!!

Amy and Josh said...

I just love that snap shot of Emm in black in white!! You are SO talented with the camera and some day you will have to teach me.
I hope today is a happier day for you. I just love you so much Kim!
We need to do something soon:)very soon. love ya

Katie said...

I am amazed at your attitude-you are an inspiration! May 4 was our due date and it was the hardest day for me. I think it was just as hard as the day we actually lost our baby and AF made a visit to me that day too (after being a week late and teasing me with a glimmer of hope). I am so sorry you are hurting. Take care!
-Katie

Barrett said...

I love love love that B&W picture of Emm! It's hard to be positive sometimes but you are doing a great job!

Cassie said...

Love you Miss Kim...

Rebecca Tyler said...

Keep looking up. :o)

moosh in indy. said...

That B&W of Memms?
Goosbebumps.

Michelle said...

Kim, your words are beautiful. If I had been more sensitive, I would have know what day this was and not been texting you w/ such trivial things that day while I was on the road traveling. You have been in my thoughts and extra prayers lately. Beautiful photos. Lots of loves...

Becky said...

Kim -
Would you be willing to give me some photo lessons? I really ant to master my camera before our little bundle arrives, so I can take some cute pictures. I could pay you. Let me know at jnbterryfamily@yahoo.com and we can set up a time. I have Monday's and the weekends off!

Christal said...

thinking of you!! hope this month holds beautiful things for you!! Love your pics of the kids! Wish I lived closer to get pics! You are AMAZING!! hang in there!