Monday, December 3, 2007

Him


Been thinking about him today...heard this song. It is his favorite. Oooo how I miss him.


Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Streams of mercy, never ceasing,

Call for songs of loudest praise.

Teach me some melodious sonnet,

Sung by flaming tongues above.

Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,

Mount of Thy redeeming love.


Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,

Till released from flesh and sin,

Yet from what I do inherit,Here Thy praises I’ll begin;

Here I raise my Ebenezer;

Here by Thy great help I’ve come;

And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,

Safely to arrive at home.


Jesus sought me when a stranger,

Wandering from the fold of God;

He, to rescue me from danger,

Interposed His precious blood;

How His kindness yet pursues me

Mortal tongue can never tell,

Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me

I cannot proclaim it well.


O to grace how great a debtor

Daily I’m constrained to be!

Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,

Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,

Prone to leave the God I love;

Here’s my heart,

O take and seal it,

Seal it for Thy courts above.


O that day when freed from sinning,

I shall see Thy lovely face;

Clothed then in blood washed linen

How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;

Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,

Take my ransomed soul away;

Send thine angels now to carry

Me to realms of endless day.


Words:
bio("Ro­bert Ro­bin­son","r/o/b/robinson_r")
Ro­bert Ro­bin­son, 1758; ap­peared in his A Col­lect­ion of Hymns Used by the Church of Christ in Angel Al­ley, Bi­shop­gate, 1759.
Music: Net­tle­ton, Wyeth’s Re­po­si­to­ry of Sac­red Mu­sic, Part Se­cond, by
John Wyeth, 1813



I remember a night, shortly after we met, this song came across the television, he told me it was his favorite song. I had never heard it before, ever. We watched the performance in awe, we both cried. Wow. As I sat tonight thinking about the words, my heart was touched. My love for him grew even more, I had a further glimpse into part of him I don't know very well, one I plan on getting to know.

8 comments:

Carlotta said...

Kim , You are so amazing. I can only pray that I will find and be blessed with someone that would love me like you love your husband. That song is my favorite!! Well one of them. It depends on what is going on in my life. It is definitely a beautiful song!!!! Squeeze that little girl of yours. Ooooh she is too cute!

Carrie said...

Aw! What a beautiful song! And a great picture of Brazilian hubby! Hope they come home soon!

Christal said...

Kim this song and picture are so moving love the picture belongs in a magazine you are so talented!! Hope they come home soon I know the feeling well!!! TTYL

Amy and Josh said...

Sorry your missing your hubby, hope he comes home soon. That is my very favorite song-so beautiful and touching, it really is a heart felt plea from each of us-I think.
miss ya Kim, hope to see you soon.

Brenley said...

I hate being away from my husband. He is HOME to me. And as long as I am with him I am happy. I am sorry that you are away from yours. And what amazing words!

moosh in indy. said...

HOLY CRAP WOULD YOU GET OVER IT?
IT'S ONLY BEEN A WEEK.
Sheesh.
All this lovey dovey stuff is making me a little nauseous.

Leisha said...

So sweet! I have never heard that song before but glad it reminds you of your hubby. I guess he can have you back now that he is coming home :-)

kimsueellen said...

Woow! Great comments... hey, I don’t remember you taking that picture of mine, nor do I remember you having me sign a release form... Just Kidding! You are a great photographer... About the song; as you probably know already I got the kids hooked on that song too from the CD you bought. Jothan says he wants to hear the "Mercy" song... I am not sure how he came up with that name!!!! Cool! Love you!!! Stupid blog wont let me do anonymous comments and I dont have a blogger account!