Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm still here.

Photobucket

Sometimes, it seems all I can do these days, is just BE.

I just need to BE a mom.

I just need to BE still.

BE.


I have really immersed myself in my family the past few months.

MONTHS.

I can't believe I just said that.

Millz is two months old.

Officially.

Luckily (and thankfully for me) she is staying tiny.

She weighs 10 lbs.

The other kids weighed at least five pounds more at this point and were wearing bigger clothes.

The fact that she is just barely fitting into her 0-3 month clothes
makes me smile.


It feels like time is going slower.

A tender mercy.

That may seem silly, but it makes me cry just thinking about how much I am not ready for her to get any older or bigger.

She is napping right now.

She has been napping on a schedule for the past two days.
A sign that she is indeed getting older.

She has made me realize a great many things.

One of them being how much I adore being a mother.

How important it is to BE here for my kids.

How I would walk to the end of the earth and back for them.

It is an important job, one I pray that many of you get to experience, whether that be again, for the first time, or for eternity...it is worth the wait and every heartache to get to this point.

Many more posts to come, I have so many things I want to share, but the baby monitor is crying...we'll save the rest for another nap time.


11 comments:

ec said...

um ... my jane was 7 oz. smaller than your millz at birth, like six weeks ago.

enjoy your itty bitty baby. she is a doll.

Kristina P. said...

She is so beautiful!

Krystal said...

aww, she is precious! Thanks for the inspiration too... I hope to enjoy this same thing someday :) but for now, you just need to savor each and every moment.

Arianne said...

love her!

Kim . . . wyomingmade said...

You said it perfectly. I never seem to get things done like I need to, but everyday I get to be a mom is a miracle. I am glad you are taking time to just enjoy your blessings!! Love & Miss you.

Savannah said...

Gorgeous baby! Could you please add our adoption blog to your waiting list? It is http://joshandsavannahadopt.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Christal said...

I know just what you mean!! Beautiful milla!! Beautiful you!! Enjoy every minute just like you are!!

Leisha said...

Dang! Where did MY profile picture go? Nice. Grrrr.

Leisha said...

Kim!!! Can you e-mail me at Leisha(dot)Mareth(at)gmail.com???

I wanted to ask if I could see the LARGE version of your profile picture. I wanted to do something similar for my husband for his upcoming birthday and I'm using your Cunningham inspiration to inspire me! It is just hard to see it so small... e-mail me if you can!! Thank you so much! I could use some tips. I mean it's not like you're 'busy' or anything, LOL! (sarcasm-sarcasm)

xoxox Leisha from Our Family Garden!!!!

Kelly said...

Beautiful baby! Found your blog through the r house:) Me and my hubby are trying to adopt.

my blog is here:
www.givingwhatiam.blogspot.com

:)
Kelly

Kelly said...

I just had Jessica Kettle refer me over to you too. She said I would really like you ;) Her husband is selling my house and I absolutely LOVE her photography!

I am a post freak....sorry :)

Kelly

givingwhatiam.blogspot.com